How to install Xdebug in Laragon
Installation in Laragon:
- Create a file on your server and output phpinfo()
- Go to this URL: https://xdebug.org/download
- then download xdebug depending on your PHP version.
- select the one with “TS”, example: “PHP 5.6 VC11 TS (64 bit)”
- Enable xdebug by right click on the icon of laragon in your task bar.
- then select PHP > Extensions > click xdebug-2.5.5#### to enable it.
- Access in your browser the file you created in step 1, make sure that it shows xdebug installed.
- Open php.ini of laragon then at the bottom of the file, add:
123[XDebug]xdebug.profiler_enable = 1xdebug.profiler_output_dir = "C:\laragon\www\xdebug"
- IMPORTANT: make sure that this directory exists. This is where all data will be logged.
- for additional functions, see this link: https://xdebug.org/docs/profiler
- make sure to restart laragon for changes to take effect.
Basically Xdebug creates a file which contains all the information that it profiled on your web page. You can use a tool called QCacheGrind to display the results in a much easier to understand graphical interface.
Do you need help with a project? or have a new project in mind that you need help with?Contact Me