Advanced PHP File Manager is a complete on demand file management tool for Developers and Hosting companies. It enables you to turn your web browser into a file manager and code editor. Started back in 2017 with the goal to design and develop a portable tool that is highly customizable and well equipped with the necessary features that a developer need in order to work efficiently on projects using their favorite web browser.
Advantage for Developers:
- Did you ever have to get up early morning because your client called regarding an urgent issue on their website that need to be fixed ASAP – as in now at this instant? Only to find out that your computer at home is not yet set up – you are lacking a Code Editor and worse you do not have access to the FTP and CPanel! This is where Advanced PHP File Manager come in handy.
- You no longer need a CPanel or FTP access – just login to the tool and you’ll get instant access to the project files and folders and be able to work as if you were working in your office computer.
- The tool includes a world class code editor plugin with: syntax highlighting feature and multiple code editor tabbing, oh and the CTRL + S keyboard command for Saving works as well!
- The tool is a single PHP file with less than 85kb in size!. Simply upload it anywhere on your project that is accessible by URL and then you’re ready to work!
- The tool is highly optimized with 99% NO page load in EVERYTHING that is processes, and NO iframes! – this makes it easy to manage folders and files without having to re-render the entire page.
- The tool works well with most server computers (with Apache installed) such as Linux, Ubuntu and Windows. And major hosting companies such as HostGator, Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Bluehost, 1&1, GoDaddy.
- The tool runs perfectly on major browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 +, Microsoft Edge, Safari and Opera.
- It supports PHP version 5.4 up to the latest version of PHP which is currently 7.2. The tool is constantly updated to ensure that it will always work with the latest PHP version.
Summary of Features:
- Supports PHP 5.4, to PHP 7.2
- Very easy to use, you can: View, Create, Edit. Delete, Rename, Move, Copy, Upload, Zip, Unzip files and folders.
- Includes user authentication. You can set your own login credentials.
- Full Screen code editing with a wide range of editor themes that you can choose from.
- Supports multi tab code editor with no limit on the number of tabs you can open.
- Drag and Drop upload for files and folders.
- Smart tree view for directories.
- Sortable Tables.
- Search Filter.
- Dark and Light skins.
- Portable. This tool is a single PHP file with less than 85kb in size.
- 99% no page load in everything that it processes.
- Utilizes history for storing directory path information so that you can use the browser’s back and forward buttons and navigate directly into a specific directory via bookmark or by manually inputting the path directly into the URL bar.
- Fully Responsive design – utilizes the latest version of Bootstrap which is currently 4.1
- Very fast processing and response.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
Section 1: Code Editing
- Code Editor – This tool utlizes a world class open source code editor plugin that has been well tested over the years and is widely used by developers. Here are its features:
- Matches the features and performance of native editors such as Sublime, Vim and TextMate
- Over 20 themes available that you can choose from in settings page. And if you’re not happy with any of the themes available – you can customize an existing theme to your likings using CSS!
- Handles huge documents
- Search and replace with regular expressions
- Highlight matching parentheses
- Toggle between soft tabs and real tabs
- Displays hidden characters
- Drag and drop text using the mouse
- Line wrapping
- Code folding
- Multiple cursors and selections
- Cut, copy, and paste functionality.
- CTRL + S command to save the file.
- Multiple Tabs – The tool utilizes a plugin for managing multiple tabs of code editors. Bellow are the integrated features:
- No limit on the number of code editor tabs that you can open.
- Detects when there are pending changes to the file(s) – a red border line on the top of the tab is shown when there are pending changes that hasn’t been saved. This is a common feature that can been seen in major code editors such as Notepad++, Atom, Sublime, etc.
- It prompts you when you are attempting to close a file that has changes that haven’t been saved yet.
- Jumps to the tab of the selected file on click.
- It can remember the line of code you were at when you left the tab – this makes code editing so much easier.
- You can minimize the editor and browse directories, then when you return back to the editor – you can expect to see the tabs and even the line of code where you left off.
- Create File – You can create any type of file you like, just provide the name including the extension, then the tool will create the file on the working directory that you are currently at.
- Rename File – Click on the button to change the name of the selected file. You can also change the extension name if you like.
- Download File – The button initiates a request to download the selected file right away.
- Delete File – If you no longer want to keep the file, simply click on the button then accept the prompt to permanently delete the file.
Section 2: Managing Files and Folders & Archiving
- Create Folder – You can create a folder simply by clicking on the + New Folder button. On click will prompt you to enter the name of the new folder. After creation it will update the current working directory and sidebar tree to reveal the new folder.
- Copy – You can bulk copy files and folder into any directory. Simply check the items and then click on the Copy button – on click will enable the sidebar for selecting which directory you would like to copy the files / folders.
- Move – Moving files is pretty much the same as the Copy function. You can bulk move files and folders into any directory. Simply check the items and then click on the Move button – on click will enable the sidebar for selecting which directory you would like to move the files / folders.
- Zip – The tool allows zipping of multiple files and folders. Simply check the items that you would like to be included, and then click on the Zip button – on click will prompt you to enter the name of the zip file including the extension.
- Unzip – Not included in the demo but you may also decompress a zip file into the current working directory. Simply click on the Unzip button found on the row line of the zip file to start decompressing.
Section 3: UI Themes
The tool currently supports 2 themes: Dark and Light (default). You can easily set the skin by navigating into the settings page and selecting your desired theme from the drop down. The code editor on the other hand has over 20 themes available that you can choose from, the default for dark theme is the Tomorrow Night Grey and the default for Light theme is Chrome. You may add new themes by simply integrating it into the stylesheet section of the Advanced PHP File Manager tool. Adding a new theme is as simple as overriding the default (Light) theme. You may also modify the colors of any Code Editor Theme. Setting the editor theme and editor font size requires a page reload due to possible bloat on performance.
Section 4: Search and Sort Filters
- Search – the tool includes a extremely lightweight and fast search filter which matches your input across file / folder names as you type. The search only filters the data within the current working directory.
- Sort– the tool utilizes a plugin for sorting elements which allows arranging of files by name, last modified date, file size and file permissions. To sort the files and folders – simply click on the column name you want to sort and it will automatically arrange the results. Toggle clicking the columns will sort the elements in ascending or descending order. The column “Name” is set as the default in ascending order, and the folders are set to appear first in the list.
Section 5: Image Preview
- All basic gestures are supported: flick to the next or previous image, spread to zoom in, drag to pan, pinch to zoom out or close, tap to toggle the controls, double-tap to zoom.
- Images display progressively as data arrives – Photos are displayed before they fully load.
- Low-resolution images are instantly displayed and then stretched to full size.
- Click to zoom image – If an image is smaller than the viewport, it will show a zoom cursor over the image and zoom icon in the top bar.
- Pan via the wheel or trackpad or by dragging – When an image is zoomed in, the user can pan across it via the mouse wheel or the trackpad or by dragging it.
- Responsive images support.
- Smart lazy-loading.
- Full screen viewing.
Supported image file types are: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and ICO
Section 6: Drag and Drop Files and Folders
Another cool feature of this tool is its ability to upload multiple folders containing multiple sub folder levels – no matter how deep the level is, the tool can retain the structure when uploading into the server. A good example for this is when you want to upload an entire WordPress site directory without having to zip the files – simply drag and drop the entire WordPress directory into the Advanced PHP File Manager then wait till the upload finishes. The uploader displays a pop-up modal on the screen which shows the upload progress.
By the way, in case you want to learn how to create this Drag and Drop Uploader, you may follow the tutorial from this link: http://carlofontanos.com/product/php-upload-entire-folder-and-sub-folders-tutorial/
Section 7: Directory Tree and History Management.
The tool utilizes a powerful plugin for generating dynamic and interactive tree view for directory structures, which provides ease when navigating folders. You can set it to show the directory path starting at the root of the drive, for example C:/ Drive (Windows) up to the directory where the tool is placed in. You can also set it to show only the root of the project that you are currently working on – this can be configured in the settings page. The tool also works with the browser’s history – it remembers all the paths you’ve visited and you may navigate back and fort using the Back and Forward buttons of your favorite browser. The tool also stores the directory path in the URL, so you can bookmark any paths for easy access later. A path navigator (breadcrumbs) is also included in this tool so that you can easily track the directory path you are at, and be able to easily jump to previous paths.
- The tool make use entirely of CDNs for loading required scripts and plugins, therefore internet is still needed in order for the tool to work.
- Zip and Unzip feature have different behaviors in linux-based servers.