Advanced PHP File Manager is a complete on demand file management tool for Web Developers which is written in a single PHP file and can be immediately used after uploading it into your server.
I started this project with a goal to design and develop a simple, fast, customizable and portable tool that utilizes the best and most popular plugins available in the stack.
- Supports PHP version 5.4 to 7.2
- Very easy to use, you can: View, Create, Edit. Delete, Rename, Move, Copy, Upload, Zip, Unzip files and folders.
- Includes user authentication.
- Full Screen code editing with a wide range of editor themes that you can choose from.
- Smart tree view for directory structures.
- Sortable Tables.
- Search Filter.
- Dark and Light skins.
- Portable. This tool is a single PHP file with less than 80kb in size.
- No page load. The application uses 100% AJAX in everything that it processes on the server.
- Utilizes history for storing directory path information so that you can utilize the browser’s back and forward buttons and navigate directly into a specific directory by inputting the path directly into the URL bar.
- Fully Responsive design – utilizes Bootstrap v4.
- Very fast response.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
Full Screen Code Editing
Code Editing is one of the greatest feature of this this tool – it uses a syntax highlighter which fully customizable. The editor is a popup modal that appears in full screen by default, the file title and action buttons are in small sizes so that they do not consume too much space on the screen, giving you more space to work on your code.
The tool utilizes a session-based user authentication mechanism.
- Zip and Unzip feature has a different behavior in some linux-based servers.