Installing MongoDB in XAMPP Windows
Date Posted: August 20, 2016, 2:09 pm
- Go to your c:/ drive and create a folder “mongodb“
- Download mongoDB from this link: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
- Select “Custom” when installing the software
- Install mongoDB in the following path: c:/mongodb
- Go to your c:/ drive then create a new folder “data“, inside it create another folder “db“
- Start MongoDB in your command prompt by executing the following command: C:\mongodb\bin\mongod.exe
Congratulations, you have successfully installed MongoDB in Windows.
Moving on, let us now configure XAMPP
- Download the mongoDB driver from this link: http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/mongo/1.6.11/php_mongo-1.6.11-5.6-ts-vc11-x86.zip
- Open the ZIP file then extract the file: php_mongo.dll to C:\xampp\php\ext directory.
- Go to xampp/php/ and open up php.ini using your favorite editor, add the following lines to your extensions: extension=php_mongo.dll
- Restart XAMPP.
To verify that you have successfully configured mongoDB in XAMPP, create a file in your xampp/htdocs folder, in it put the following code:
Now access this file in your browser. Ex. “localhost/testfile.php”
You should see that MongoDB is already installed: